Perfect Wireless has immediate openings for Installation Technicians III/IV/ or Lead. Successful candidates will be capable of performing base station and/or DC Power installation work activities in addition to providing guidance to installation team members. This position requires industry experience, leadership aptitude, and technical talent.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma required. Some college or technical school is a plus.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in the wireless, telecommunications or data communications fields is expected.
- Industry recognized Certifications and/or training would be a highly regarded.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in technical installation, or cell site construction.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and be able to meet rigid deadlines. Ability to adapt to different working environments is essential.
- Be able to read and interpret MOPs and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and/or Fiber optic cabling, cable management, termination and methodology is required. Experience with base station installation, DC Power and/or RF cabling and termination is desirable.
- Must possess leadership aptitude, verbal and written communication skills, have experience with and be comfortable using common computer business applications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and no criminal record (must be able to pass government background checks).
- Work with minimum supervision to install power cabling, base station equipment, RF cabling and associated equipment.
- Understand the scope of work, follow the MOP, interpret design plans as given by the project engineer or project manager.
- Ensure all work is completed within allotted schedule and meets applicable construction and quality standards, and performance requirements.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, and within Perfect Wireless, OSHA, and carrier safety guidelines.
- Perform installation testing, such as power verification, cable sweep, and system tests.
- Attend industry training and maintain currency in product certifications as required.
- Interface directly with the project management, engineering, and operations support staff. Manage projects, time, and tasks using our online project management tools.
- Conduct and act professionally and be well groomed and presentable at all times. The majority of work is conducted on customer premises on behalf of a carrier.
- While most of our installation business is based in Indiana, some out of town/state travel is expected. Overnight to a few days would be typical. Usually home for weekends.
- You may be required to work outside of normal business if project requirements dictate.
- Employment is conditional on obtaining satisfactory results from background/employment investigation and drug screening.
- 401K with company match
- Competitive Pay weekly
- Company provided Life insurance – buy up available
- Company offered Anthem Health Insurance
- Company offered Vision Insurance
- Company offered Dental Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid training
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability